2. BUDGET / PRICING
– If you deem that you need a wedding video coverage, you should start setting and allocating your budget for this item. Wedding videography is as important as any services that you required like Mak Andam, Catering, Decor, Photography, etc. Don’t leave it to the last minute because you will be stressing out then, where to find extra budget OR the one you preferred is already booked.
– Every wedding video service provider has their own processes, technique and workflow. Whether it is the High End package, Mid End package or Low End package, each of them are catering and servicing a certain portion of the local Malay wedding industry. In terms of quality and services rendered, they do differ. You need to ask and make comparisons.
– Another thing you do need to consider, the videomakers’ time and expertise. Every video maker, full time or freelance, before they can offer video services, they must learn and make it work. The results can be seen in their works.
– Whatever choice you make, even you are willing to pay your Uncle duit kopi for video taping, just do it. You will just get to experience it all over it. Cried over it. Laughed at it. Making funny faces while watching it.
3. POST PRODUCTION
– This is a process that you never get to see. This process sometimes is really nerve-wrecking and headache.
– First, we need to sort out the video clips into our own way of organizing. We need to remove those bad video clips in terms of quality. Sieving through 90GB of data is no joke. 1GB = 10 minutes as an estimate. You can do your own calculations.
– Followed by editing process based on a story board that we have created for the clients. It varies from one company to another.
– You also have color grading process, audio editing process, DVD production, DVD label designing, etc.
– Typically, each wedding video post production can takes up to an average of 55 hours. Of course, if you divide by 24 hours, your wedding video will be ready in 3 days. But that’s not the case. Factor in breaks, eat, sleep, family time, other wedding video projects, down time, that’s why generally, there is a 4-8 weeks delivery period. If PEAK SEASON, the delivery period can be up to 3 months.
4. TIPS IN FINDING A GOOD WEDDING VIDEO SERVICE
– Do Your Homework. You’ll get much more out of a meeting or conversation with a wedding service provider if you do a little background homework. This way when you meet with them, you’ll be able to ask better questions and have an idea of what to look out for.
– Meet With Them. An in person meeting is the best way to interview a potential wedding service provider. It lets you get the full experience of their personality, style and professionalism.
– Ask Questions. There are no stupid questions! Make sure you get clear, specific answers to your questions. The good wedding service providers are patient, understanding and take the time to help you make the best choices for your wedding.
– Listen. Are they confident and comfortable with their response? Do they look and sound nervous? Do you get a “funny feeling” about them? Take all the sights, sounds and feelings into account along with their responses; if your gut tells you something isn’t right, it probably isn’t.
– Find someone that you can trust and be comfortable.
– My only advise for you is be willing to share your emotions on your big day. Even a tiniest drop of tear or a smallest pinch of smile. It will go very far.